This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
I just need more time. How can I add more time to my day?
December 2018, a family member was diagnosed with a serious health condition. It was life-changing for me and my family. I work from home, so it changed my day-to-day life.
Let me explain.
Up to this point, my meal planning routine was running like a well-oiled machine. On Sundays, I planned our meals for the week and created a grocery list. On Mondays, I drove 30 minutes to Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, and the Walmart Supercenter to pick up the groceries.
I went from eating healthy to feeling guilty about what I was putting into my body. I spent days and nights at the hospital. Dinner was often takeout or fast food. I had no energy to cook a healthy meal.
I threw out several bags of expensive and expired produce. I was not a happy camper. I hate wasting money. Being a good steward of my money is important to me.
Then things with this family member got worse, and I didn’t have the time or energy to go to the grocery store. I started ordering my groceries online from my local supermarket.
There was just one problem.
Once you buy produce from Whole Foods, you can’t go back to regular supermarkets.
To say that I was unimpressed with my produce would be a big understatement. There is a big difference in quality and taste.
I started paying attention to meal delivery commercials. I researched all of them and decided to try Sun Basket.
Friends, I didn’t know that I needed Sun Basket in my life until I had Sun Basket in my life.
No longer was I wasting money, meal planning, creating grocery lists, and driving 30 minutes for organic produce. I get one of the brown bags, olive oil, salt, and pepper. And I’m ready to prepare dinner.
Unpacking the Box
I love the fact that everything is sorted by recipe. I don’t have to figure out which ingredients I need for each recipe. Each brown bag is labeled with the name of the recipe and includes all ingredients except the meat, seafood, and poultry.
Preparing My First Meal
I am a visual person, so I love the layout of the magazine. The magazine includes helpful tips, ways kids can help, and wine pairings.
The first meal was delicious. I even enjoyed the celery salad which included radishes. I disliked radishes because they smell and taste too earthy. But I loved them in this salad.
Week 1 Meals
- Salmon cakes with celery salad and tahini goddess dressing
- 330 calories
- Lean & Clean, Paleo, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
- Chicken and dumplings
- 520 calories
- Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Family-Friendly
- Yucatán turkey chile
- 490 calories
- Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
- Pappardelle with wilted greens, hazelnuts, and ricotta
- 590 calories
- Vegetarian, Family-Friendly, Soy-Free
Week 2 Meals
- Seared albacore tuna steaks with green beans and soft-cooked eggs
- 680 calories
- Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious
- Moroccan chicken with carrots, snap peas, and spicy green harissa
- 500 calories
- Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly
- Fresh penne with shrimp, baby kale, and pesto
alla – trapanese
- 460 calories
- Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
- Seared steaks with lemon-almond relish, baby broccoli, and romesco
- 590 calories
- Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
Sun Basket offers the following meal plans:
- Chef’s Choice
- Lean & Cut
- Quick & Easy
We signed up for 4 recipes per week. Our default meal plan is Pescatarian. However, Sun Basket allows you to mix and match recipes regardless of the meal plan you selected.
- delicious meals
- pre-measured ingredients
- organic Non-GMO ingredients
- responsibly sourced meats, free from antibiotics and added hormones
- wild-caught seafood
- the packaging is recyclable and compostable
- skip a delivery or cancel at any time
- choose from 18 recipes each week
- dietitian-approved recipes that are between 500-800 calories
- 100% money back guarantee on all food (I contacted them about two cracked eggs and they credited my account!!)
- the shipping cost is an additional $6.99
- ships to most zip codes in the United States, excluding AK, HI, MT, and parts of ND and NM
- olive oil isn’t included (I had to stop and go to the store to buy some)
Friends, it’s hard to mess this up. The sauces and dressings are premixed, some vegetables are pre-sliced or pre-chopped, and the garlic is already peeled.
I love knowing that I have everything I need to make healthy and delicious meals each week. Sun Basket is restaurant-quality food that you can prepare at home in less than 30 minutes.
I have a lot more time that I can spend on other things now. The process to get a healthy meal on the table is no longer a stressful chore. It’s a total win!
Ready to try Sun Basket? Use this link to save $40 off your first delivery! I hope you love Sun Basket as much as we do!