This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.
1. Where did you grow up? I grew up in St. Thomas, USVI, America’s Paradise. And I didn’t appreciate the beaches and year-round warm weather until I moved away.
2. Do you have any kids? I have a 21-year-old daughter. Pray for me y’all.
3. How many siblings do you have? I have two sisters and I’m the youngest.
4. Who is your best friend? My best friend is Nicky. We met in 8th grade and just clicked. She made my transition to a new school less stressful.
5. Where do you currently live? I’ve lived in Philadelphia for almost 20 years. A change is long overdue.
6. How tall are you? I’m 4’11 and say that with confidence now. I would have
lied rounded it up to 5ft a few years ago. I’ve come a long way and learned to accept and love ALL of me.
7. Are you in/have gone to college? My undergrad degree is in the business administration with a focus in pre-law. Then I went back to school and got a graduate degree in education with a focus in early childhood education.
8. What is your favorite book? The Untethered Soul is everything! This book was the beginning of my journey to understanding the voice in my head, self-awareness, self-acceptance, and mindfulness. I reread it often and listen to it on Audible whenever I’m on a long flight.
9. What are your 3 favorite movies?
- Jane Eyre (1943 version)
- Wuthering Heights (1939 version). *Those Bronte sisters are amazing writers!*
- Love Jones. Beautiful main characters, jazz, spoken-word, romantic rain scenes
10. What is your favorite TV show? My favorite TV show is Queen Sugar.
11. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? I don’t have a favorite flavor. I have a favorite brand which is Talenti.
12. What is your coffee order? A tall white chocolate mocha from Starbucks.
13. What is your go-to fast food order? It depends on what I’m in the mood for. Here are my top three:
- Corner Bakery Cafe – Club Panini, D.C. Chicken Salad, or an Uptown Turkey Avocado. Sorry, It’s hard to choose one.
- Salad Works – Cobb Salad with everything
- Jamaican restaurant – BBQ Jerk Chicken, Mac & Cheese, Sweet Potatoes, and Plantains
14. What is your favorite day of the week? My favorite day of the week is Monday. I see Mondays as a fresh new start. I enjoy getting back to my routine after the weekend.
15. Do you use a Mac or a PC? I’ve been a Mac girl for over a decade. I get totally confused when I’m in front of a PC now.
16. Are you a morning person or a night person? I’m a night person. I’m very productive and creative at night.
17. What hobby would you love to learn? I want to learn how to swim and ride a bike. Let’s just say that I was a bit sheltered in my younger days.
18. Are you a traveler or a homebody? I’m a perfect blend of both.
19. Dogs or Cats? I love dogs. Here is my sweet puppy Pillow. He passed away a few years ago at the age of two. Pillow was a precious member of our family, and we miss him.
20. If you could meet one person, who would it be and why? The one person I want to meet is Gary Vaynerchuk aka Gary Vee. Listening to his content changed the trajectory of my life. The first time I heard him drop the f-bomb, I said oh no. And turned it off.
But his name kept coming up. I realized that he was saying something that I was supposed to hear. I listened to him and ignored the cursing. I was hooked after one podcast episode. A few months later, I resigned from my job and became a full-time entrepreneur.
I’ve been a full-time entrepreneur since June 2017. Gary Vee’s content gave me the courage to take risks and believe in myself.